Ayurvedic medicine is one of the world’s oldest holistic healing systems. It was developed more than 3,000 years ago in India. It’s based on the belief that health and wellness depend on a delicate balance between the mind, body, and spirit. In countries beyond India, Ayurveda therapies and practices have been integrated into general wellness applications and in some cases in medical use.
1. Safe and chemical-free: Being a herbal medicine, Ayurvedic is not only safe for consumption but also for curative purposes. It is a natural remedy that does not require any chemical composition which makes it healthy for use.
2. Complete cure: Ayurvedic works just like all the other cures for several illnesses. The best thing about Ayurvedic is that it also guarantees a complete cure for all issues one may be suffering from.
3. Improved health: Ayurvedic is one of the best remedies that does not only cure existing problems but also helps in ensuring that people live healthy and improved lifestyles in the long run.
4. No operation needed: Ayurvedic is a natural remedy for a variety of illnesses that does not require the patient to be operated on. This means that there is less risk involved in curing.
5. Effective cure: Ayurvedic is not only healthy in curing diseases but it is also effective in ensuring that people are completely cured of their diseases.
6. Treats a variety of illnesses: Ayurvedic is vast in possibilities. It is designed to treat a variety of illnesses both internal and external.
7. No side effects: There are no side effects associated with Ayurvedic as a remedy for diseases. Unlike other treatment options, there are no chemical compositions and therefore there is a minimal health risk.
8. Can be used by different people: Ayurvedic can be applied to a variety of people who are suffering from different ailments.
9. It is cheap: Ayurvedic is readily available and affordable to people from all walks of life.
10. It is easily accessible: The origin of Ayurvedic is India. However, medicine has in the recent past found its way in several parts of the world and can be accessed by almost everyone around the world.
1. It may be toxic: In some circumstances, Ayurvedic may sometimes be toxic especially for people who are reactive to the herbs used in making the medicine.
2. It may have adverse effects on some people: There are some people who are allergic to this kind of medicine and they may be reactive to them once they are exposed.
3. It requires great expertise: There is a great deal of expertise required to create this type of medicine in order for it to be effective in the long run.
4. It is not accessible to everyone especially to urban areas: Ayurvedic may not be accessible to everyone, especially to those people who are found in the urban areas.
5. It is not given in known doses: There is no definite dosage for this kind of medication. This means that it is somehow difficult to know when the dosage is enough for what age group and so on.
6. Inappropriate for many conditions: Ayurvedic may be ideal for a variety of ailments but it is inappropriate for a variety of conditions as well.
7. Risk of poisoning: There is always the risk of poisoning when using herbs as a means of remedy. This is especially because there is no known dosage for this kind of message.
8. No proper regulation: There are no proper regulations for controlling the manufacture, use, and dissemination of this kind of medicine. This means that everything is currently being done haphazardly.
9. Medication interaction: There is always the risk of mixing various forms of medication which then makes it dangerous for the users because of the risk of reaction.
10. Scarce evidence: There is no proper evidence that the people who use these kinds of medication are in fact getting well as a result of using these drugs.
This Post Has 2 Comments
Very good article regarding the pros and cons of ayurvedic medicines. I believe that ayurveda has definitely an upper hand when it comes to safety and effectiveness. As most of the ayurvedic preparations have pure natural ingredients, they are definitely safer than all chemical based medicines of allopath.
one main pro you didn’t mention that it doesn’t have any kind of side effects on the human body.
you can check a wide range of herb products at Athayurdhamah.