Other than the 2021 models of Can-Am Spyder, there is another 2022 model that includes:2022 Can-Am Spyder RT,2022 Can-Am Spyder F3, and the 2022 Can-Am Ryker. The latest models provide more advanced comfort and a premium on-road experience. They come in different colors that you can choose from. For the Spyder RT model, the colors include mystery blue, hyper silver, and carbon black. Can-Am Spyder got its pros and cons, which include:
Pros of Can-Am Spyder
1. Cost-effective. Everyone desires less expensive transport cost when traveling be it for short or long distances. With a Can-Am Spyder, the fuel costs are cut by almost half of what you would spend on a car when traveling.
2. Ease of maneuver in traffic. Tired of the long wait in a traffic jam during rush hours? Well, with a Can-Am Spyder, you can easily save on time waiting on traffic. This is because the size of a Can-Am Spyder can help you get through congested traffic as compared to that of a car
3. Saving on repair bills and maintenance. Cars can give you a headache to repair and maintain, unlike bikes which are less expensive to repair and maintain. Motorcycle engines are easily accessible, and you can do more of the maintenance by yourself. This is what most riders are proud of
4. Easy to park. Normally a bike parks in a third of the space of a car. The other advantage is that you can use angle parking. Moreso, you can park on sidewalks in front of shops /stores and restaurants
5. Reduces carbon emissions. Unlike cars, bikes emit less carbon. This is a great advantage because large amounts of carbon emitted to the atmosphere contribute largely to global warming that results in climate change.
6. You can pull over anytime. A Can-Am Spyder gives you the ability to pull over anytime, especially when you are new to a place and need to stop each time to check the directions. It also comes in handy when you are traveling as a group and need to regroup each time.
7. You get to enjoy the environment. Imagine if this picture is in mind; wind gashing through your hair, a beautiful sunny day, and appealing scenery by the countryside to look at as you ride. Sounds like paradise, right? A Can-Am Spyder helps you connect to the environment and keeps you alert as you enjoy the trip. This is stress-reliving and healthy.
8. Good storage space. The latest model of a Can-Am Spyder Is quite luxurious. It provides premium comfort and storage for two. The storage is more than impressive. It is versatile and convenient. It has a rear top case that fits two helmets side by side. It can support a maximum of 177 liters of storage and a minimum of 60 liters.
9. Great/futuristic design and styling. The latest design of Can-Am Spyder features unique rich textures, premium led headlights, and a modern console with a full-color LCD. Indeed sophistication is found in every last detail of the all-new Can-Am Spyder RT
10. Saves on country’s economy and reduction in foreign oil overdependence. The savings on the economy are great when using a can-Am Spyder due to reduced fuel consumption. Normally the best-recommended fuel for a Can-Am Spyder is 91- octane fuel with no ethanol or 87-octane fuel with not more than 10% ethanol. This fuel is produced locally and can save on the overdependence on foreign oil.
1. High purchasing cost. When it comes to purchasing, everyone wants comfort and luxury. However, the prices of a Can-Am Spyder are quite high compared to that of a normal motorcycle. For example, the price of an RT starts at $23,299.
2. Scarcity of dealers country-wide. There are few dealers and stores where you can purchase Can-Am Spyder and spare parts. They are also far apart, and if you happen to find a good dealer, they are expensive. This brings challenges in maintenance and repairs.
3. Unenjoyable with harsh weather and climate conditions. Unlike cars that are built for all-weather purposes, a Can-Am Spyder faces great challenges with harsh weather and climate such as strong winds, heavy downpours, and during the winter season.
4. Small carrying capacity. Currently, a Can-Am Spyder can only carry two people, driver, and passenger, and it is only for models with specific seats for passengers. They are unreliable when you want to travel as a family to save on fuel. It also can’t support a lot of luggage, making it more of a headache for travelers.
5. Quality control problems. Most Can-Am Spyder riders complain of quality control issues like cracking coolant reservoirs, flimsy rear fenders, leaking air boxes, chaffing hoses, and wearing drive splines. When it comes to automotive, buyers want top-notch quality and assurance that the performance will be great.
6. Few learning institutions. Few institutions offer lessons on riding a Can-Am Spyder compared to those offering driving lessons for cars and motorcycles. The few available institutions are expensive too.
7. High fuel consumption. If you compare a bagged Harley to a Can-Am Spyder, the fuel consumption is 30-35 mpg and 45-50 mpg, respectively. Most automotive drivers need to worry about fuel costs. It is always a number one priority during purchase, and from the looks of a Can-Am Spyder can make you worry more about your fuel consumption.
8. Challenges in technology used. Many users complain of electronic junk that makes diagnosis difficult. You require BUDS, an Ouija board, and a crystal ball. However, you aren’t sure if you will be successful and rely on luck.
9. Unenjoyable to two-wheeled motorcycle sports riders. Motorcycle sports riders enjoy doing tricks and stunts and are quite a show to look at. With a Can-Am Spyder, such stunts and drifting can’t be done. This makes it less reliable and enjoyable.
10. Power steering challenges. Most Can-Am Spyder users complain of power steering problems (dynamic powers steering) that the manufacturer can improve.