Modular homes are prefabricated buildings that have repeated sections known as modules. The sections are constructed away from the intended site then transferred to the site. These sections are put using a crane. They are placed end to end, side by side, or stacked. This style allows various configurations. Moreover, after placement, inter-module connections are used to connect the modules. The Inter-connections form a complete structure. Here are the pros and cons of modular homes.
1. Cheap. Several factors determine the price of a house. Modular homes are built under certain conditions in a company setting. For this reason, there are minimal delays in materials, weather, and trade. The homes are less expensive to build compared to stick homes. Also, you should note that price depends on the cost of materials, designs, electricity, water, sewage, security, and other services.
2. Easy quality. Control Modular homes are simple to control. It is not affected by weather conditions which can delay the construction. Additionally, there are no downsides such as theft issues, less energy, tools, and materials. Prefabricated buildings employ permanent tradespeople hence there are no quality and delay issues caused by different people.
3. High quality. These homes have a great quality that can be compared to a standard stick-built home. They are constructed in the factory setting thus the procedure is under inspection. Furthermore, the builder ensures the house is safe seeing that it is transferred to an intended site. On the other side, a stick-built home can have builders who neglect building elements.
4. Speed. The homes are constructed faster than other houses. Materials are enough at any time because the manufacturer is the head of the procedure. Transporting materials from one place to another consume a lot of time. For instance, stick based homes get building materials all over the nation. Additionally, speed is affected by the weather found on the construction site. For example, thunderstorms, snow, and rain can make the builders stop until the weather becomes favorable. Modular homes are constructed inside an existing house where the weather is not a limitation.
5. Finance options. Favorable financing options can help to lower the price of a property. Manufacturers give several better financing options.
1. Selling issues. Builders are aware that modular homes are of standard quality. However, you can have issues when selling the house. Buyers who scroll online and look for homes to buy can be turned off after seeing a prefabricated home. They would decide to get a traditionally built house than modular.
2. Quality issues. Not everybody believes that modular houses are of standard quality. People have different preferences thus some cannot be impressed by the home. Some factors show a prefabricated house. Homeowners do not like when a guest can distinguish their homes from stick homes.
3. Hurricanes. Hurricanes are accompanied by strong winds and floods hence cause damages every year. Prefabricated homes are constructed through building codes to ensure quality. They are monitor at all stages during the building process. However, the houses cannot withstand direct hurricane hit.
4. Costly Modular home is cheap to build but it is expensive to buy home. You should be prepared to buy land and a house.
5. Land restrictions. Some locations do not allow you to build this home. Henceforth, you should have documents called a restrictive covenant.