Nowadays, people find themselves with so many costs ranging from utilities, insurance, and house rent. That’s why you will find a large number of people looking for ways in which they can cut down on costs. Furthermore, there are concerns about the chemicals that are used to treat municipal water. For this reason, digging a well may be a great option and will help you save the money you spend on the water. There are lots of benefits that come with owning private water well at your property. On the other hand, there are precautions and measures you need to take when thinking of this alternative.
1. The water is naturally occurring. This means that it does not contain any added chemicals that are common with the locally sourced water. Therefore, if you want water without any chemicals you should consider installing water well right there at your home.
2. Well water is free. Yes, you heard me right. Well water is totally free and you do not have to pay a penny for it once it’s properly installed. You will not receive a water bill at the end of the month or any other municipal fees. Think of it this way, the municipal water charges may be affordable but how much water does an average person use in a day.
3. Environmental friendly. The fact that well water is naturally occurring means that it’s also environmental friendly. This is because there is no added chlorine or any other substances.
4. It’s reliable. Issues with municipal water utilities are common in some areas. There are times the taps run dry for a couple of days as people wait for broken pipes to get repaired or a problem to get rectified. On the other hand, groundwater will always be there. Therefore, you can have some peace of mind knowing there is a consistent flow of water.
5. Groundwater is healthy. The fact is that the municipal water utilities do a great job of ensuring there are no contaminants in the water. However, they remove all the nutrients and minerals from the water. Well water is filtered naturally hence retains all its minerals.
6. Tastes better. For those of us who like drinking water all day long, its taste should matter. Since well water is softened naturally, it usually tastes way better than the chemically treated water.
7. Aids in weight loss. Drinking plenty of water can actually help you lose weight. This is because water not only hydrates your body but also makes you feel full faster. In this case, you are less likely to eat more than required. Well water is natural and tastes great meaning you will be drinking a lot of it.
8. Promotes healthy skin. Basically, water hydrates the skin and gives it a youthful glow. Furthermore, it aids in flushing out toxins from the body that are usually what affects the skin complexions. Don’t shy away from drinking plenty of the great tasting well water.
9. Maintains heart health. There is research which states that people who drink plenty of water daily are less likely to suffer from cardiovascular diseases. For instance, you reduce your chances of getting a heart attack when you keep your body well hydrated. Well water has a cleaner and pleasant taste hence you will have an easy time staying hydrated.
10. Reduces muscle and joint inflammation. Drinking water can help people who occasionally suffer from muscle and joint pain. This is because water keeps you hydrated and tends to lubricate the muscles or joints.
1. Prone to contamination. Any kind of pollution that happens in the environment may in one way or the other reach the groundwater. There is also the risk of bacteria getting into your well water through its walls. There are cases of chemicals from surrounding rocks contaminating the water.
2. Requires maintenance. You have to closely monitor your well water and ensure the surrounding area is clean with no animal waste.
3. Often affected by the water shelf. Mostly, groundwater depends on the amount of rain or precipitation in that region. Therefore, if there are prolonged periods of drought in the region then the well might go dry or produce poor quality water.
4. The water contains high amounts of minerals. This makes it harder and you might actually need a water-softening treatment.
5. Installing a quality well can be expensive. If you want a properly installed well together with the water pump then you will have to be ready part with an amount of money. Lining the well, sealing the upper part of it and taking care of the drainage can be costly.
6. There is a danger of people falling in. this is most especially with the case with open wells. People with pets and small children in the household have to cover the well dug within their compound.
7. May have low-quality water. Many people have a preference for well water because it has a pleasant taste. On the other hand, the quality of the water gets easily compromised especially when the weather conditions are not favorable.
8. The safety of the water is not guaranteed. You have to put all the necessary safety measures in place to ensure the safety and cleanliness of the water. If not, the water will not be conducive to drinking.
9. The groundwater may contain too much fluoride. People who drink such water too often can end up suffering from fluorosis. You can have the water tested to ensure the fluoride levels are not too high.
10. The excavation process may be dangerous. In this case, you will need experts who will get the job done and also support if the ground seems unstable.