Gel nail technology is on the rise and almost every woman choose them when going for vacations or romantic gateway. If you have short nails, you can have the opportunity of wearing long nails which makes you have natural looking and elegant nails.
This article will let you learn on the pros and cons of gel nail and help decide if it is best for you.
1. Healthy looking nails: The base coat has a liquid layer dried through UV lights. You can apply and reapply a different shade of gel until you get the desired look.
2. Last long: Gel nails can last from 3 to 4 weeks compared to classic nail polish which can stay for 3 to 4 days.
3. Nail designs: You can experiment with different gel nails. You can create unique designs which can’t be achieved with the normal nail polish.
4. Look fresh: Gel nail always looks fresh on your fingernails even after 4 weeks it will look fresh before you take it off.
5. No smudges: Besides quick drying time, gel nail is smuggled free. Once the UV lights harden the nail your good to go, the gel cannot come out.
6. Lengthen short nails: Research carried out on gel nail show that women who use it tend to have a faster growth of their fingernails. They also don’t bite their nails or cut them more often.
7. Natural looking nails: You can have gel nails which look like your natural nails. The gel is designed to imitate the natural nails thus making you look elegant in them.
8. Beautiful nails: Applying gel nail polish makes you look elegant and more attractive.
9. Dry quickly: Once it is applied, it can dry much quickly while in the salon. You don’t have to worry about the chipping or scratching of the gel.
10. Flexible: If you’re bored with the color of the gel, you can change it by applying a layer of glitter polish. This will make the nails more attractive and at the same time retain your gel manicure.
1. Irritation: You may feel some irritation since the nails are buffed to remove the natural nail shine in order for the gel to stick. The nails become thinner causing the irritation.
2. Expensive: Gel nail can cost more than a normal manicure and depending on the salon, you can pay from $50.
3. Soak in acetone: You have to soak your nails in acetone for 10 minutes or longer for the gel to come off. The acetone also dry the fingers making them a little harmful.
4. UV rays: The UV lights used to harden the gel could lead to the development of skin cancer cells or cause the skin around your fingers to age.
5. Infection: If a wrong procedure is done on the fingernails, you may get some infections although this is a rare occasion still it can happen. The cosmetologist has to be careful to ensure your fingernails are not at any risk.
6. Weak nails: Gel nails weaken your nails and there is a risk of the nail breakage.
7. 6 weeks recovery period: If you want to go back to manure or using the classic nail polish, you have to wait for at least 6 weeks for your nails to completely recover.
8. The temptation to pick the gel: Once the color starts to peel off, you may be tempted to remove it. Once you start ripping off the peeling gel, you take out some layers of your nail with it.
9. Maintenance: You need hydrate your nail more often between your salon visits. Use avocado oils, apricot, coconut to prevent damage.
10. Gel is liquid acrylics: Gel nail polish has to be dried under direct UV or LED light only. You can leave them to dry on their own.