Yamaha Fazer 25 resembles the FZ25 in all its major sense however it got some minimal design alterations. It has the same mechanics as FZ25 with an all-new front end design and the bike gets a full fairing. Yamaha Fazer 25 is powered by a 249cc 4-stroke, SOHC, 2-valve, single cylinder, air+oil cooled, fuel injected engine that produces 20.9 HP at 8,000 rpm and 20 Nm at 6,000 rpm of torque.2019 Fazer 25 ABS comes in two shades; metallic black and dark matt blue. Here are some of the pros and cons of 2019 Yamaha Fazer 25:
1. Lightweight: Yamaha has built the bike in such a way that it weighs just 157 kg with the full fuel tank and all fluids in the engine. A motorcycle that carries 14 liters of petrol, 1.55 liters of engine oil and few other liquid components weighs quite low when compared to others around the performance segment. This makes it easy for riders to control the Fazer 25 in heavy traffic and even handling it around the bends at certain speeds.
2. Availability: Yamaha has expanded its dealerships store making the bike available to even the remote areas. Yamaha Fazer 25 is available at every dealership store and getting it serviced or getting a part replaced is much easier.
3. High twisting force: The 249cc, fuel injected engine produces 20 Nm of torque at just 6,000 rpm. The high twisting force promises excellent riding comfort and easy drive on all types of terrains.
4. Has pleasing shades: Yamaha Fazer 25 is available in two attractive shades: – metallic black and dark matt blue. The shades are very stunning making the bike look rather attention-grabbing.
5. Sleek design: double-deck structure sleek and flowing body surfaces component beauty. It is shiny and looks like it goes fast with its body streamlined.
6. Has high mileage: Yamaha Fazer 25 takes the spot with its excellent mileage of 40 kmph which is indeed much better than its competitors. Thus, it leads to an overall low running cost and provides the user with the amazing power accessible at this range.
7. Cheap: Yamaha Fazer 25 is the most affordable full faired250cc motorcycle you can buy. It comes with a smaller price tag than most of the fully faired motorcycles with this kind of engine and performance.
8. Has high standard features: The features like dual trip-meter as well as a digital clock are rather impressive. The regular values like tachometer, speedometer, and odometer are placed in a perfect spot making it easier for the rider to see them while riding.
9. Cool and solid body built quality: Yamaha has built motorcycles with very well market appreciation. Fazer 25 is keeping the Yamaha image up to the mark with its amazing build quality. It is rather going to be proved excellent on the roads in terms of better quality and even better handling.
10. Fast: Yamaha Fazer 25 may only generate 20.9 HP AT 8000 RPM but the bike is the quickest among all the fully faired motorcycles in this range. All the competitive bikes in this segment produce more power than it, but it leads the race with its acceleration.
1. Controversial design: Yamaha Fazer 25 may be winning all the spots with its powerful performance and mileage but it sure lacks that amazing macho sports bike design. The full fairing with those joint LED lamps looks like it’s overdone with its design. The overall look of the bike is pretty weird and gives it a look of a motor-scooter from the front end.
2. Lack of the 6th gear: Yamaha Fazer 25 lacks the 6th gear just like its sibling FZ25. The bike comes mated to a 5-speed gearbox rather than a 6-speed gearbox, may be on the intentions of cutting the cost. This does not allow the bike to reach its full caliber.
3. Lack of liquid cooling: Yamaha Fazer 25 runs on an air+oil cooled engine rather than a liquid cooled engine. This might be from the motive of cutting the costs. The overall bike may be somewhat expensive according to the customers if one uses a liquid cooling engine.
4. Less than usual illumination from the headlamp: The Yamaha Fazer uses a LED headlamp which is criticized for the worst throw and less than usual illumination. It also features 2 new LED positioning lamps below the headlamp and a new dual-horn. The LED lamps are rather good at saving power but compromising on the light quality.
5. Overheating: The cooling system on 2019 Yamaha Fazer is not much efficient leading to it overheating. When the bike overheats the engine might not work appropriately.
6. Noisy: 2019 Yamaha Fazer produces a lot of noise when operating at a speed past 60 km/h. This noise pollution is not favorable to environments that require silence like hospitals.
7. Costly on its maintenance: Yamaha Fazer spare parts are costly making it expensive to maintain.
8. Slow to pick up: Yamaha Fazer takes time before making it to the top speed hence not suitable to use a racing bike.
9. Relatively hard rear suspension: The Yamaha Fazer has a hard rear suspension which makes the riders have a back especially during long distances.
10. Poor brakes which may require modification: The Yamaha Fazer does not have an option with the disc brakes as it is fitted with the drum brakes which require tuning on intervals of 15 to 20 days.