Image source: pbase.com
Individualism is a philosophy that focuses on the moral worthiness of an individual rather than a collective group. It enables one to be happy with whom he is and have the freedom to do what he wants as long as he doesn’t have bad intentions for others. This article helps you understand the pros and cons of individualism.
1. Freedom: You will have absolute freedom to do anything you want. You will also have absolute freedom to be anything, like or hate anything.
2. Time for yourself: You will have more alone time for yourself to do what you love. This enables you to know more about yourself and your capabilities.
3. Enjoy life more: You will feel more fulfilled since you always enjoy being free to yourself. Each day will be full of happiness because you don’t care about people’s judgment and expectations about you.
4. Less stress: Since nobody bothers you or bothers about anybody, it results in less stress.
5. Tougher you: Individualism helps you develop your inner self and other people’s judgment and opinions about your personality cannot weigh you down. People can’t use your personality against you.
6. Successful: If you always think about yourself, live for yourself then you will be more successful.
7. Learn new things: Having your lone time can lead to self-improvements. The more you know your strength and weakness the more you can know areas you need to improve. You can easily engage in activities you’re interested in and learn new skills.
8. Influencer: You can’t be influenced by the actions or behavior of others since you have a strong sense of individualism. You will always be unique in your thinking, behaviors, and others can adore you for that.
9. A sense of uniqueness: Practicing individualism makes you unique over others and can give you an extra edge compared to others.
10. Independence: Individualism brings a lot of independence among people. Promoting individualism in society can boost the self-expression and cultural beliefs of individuals.
1. No support: You will be all by yourself and nobody to help you when facing hard times since you live for yourself and others will not bother to help you.
2. Messed up relationships: Individualism results in messed up relationships, you can’t stay completely out of the affairs of your loved ones. Even if they give you the freedom you need, it will not be sufficient.
3. Nobody cares: You may die or be sick but your neighbor will not know or bother to find out why he hasn’t seen you for a long time.
4. Wasted time: Isolating yourself from others can sometimes turn out to be selfish for you. The “me time” is a wasted time in which you should take that opportunity to give back to the community or give a helping hand.
5. Build barriers: Too much freedom creates barriers between the members of the community. It prevents you from communicating with each other and lack of communication can result in more problems.
6. Avoid sacrifice: Man is a social being and cannot live alone and to maintain a peaceful community, you need to sacrifice your needs or move out of your comfort zone and help others who need your help.
7. Life with less meaning: Isolating yourself from others will not give you the opportunity to find your purpose and meaning in life. Our lives can only be meaningful if we look beyond ourselves and connect with people.
8. Self-centeredness: Individualism will lead to self-centeredness where we put ourselves first and forget that love is best when it’s shared.
9. Criticism: Individualisms receive a lot of criticism from other individuals.
10. Poor mental health: People who have strong individualistic beliefs and values have a small social network and this affects their emotional competence and mental health when interacting with others.
This Post Has One Comment
I used this to cheat on my test lol ????????????????????????????????????????????????