Augmented Reality uses computer-generated layers to facilitate interactions between real-life and virtual Reality. The technology is helpful in the current digital world as industries are already incorporating AR in events like driving and sporting. Motives of AR technology include; 3D processing of real and virtual entities, real-time interaction, and real-world arrangement. This article will unfold several pros and cons of Augmented Reality.
Pros of augmented Reality
1. Enhanced experience: The primary function of AR is to combine both the real world and virtual interactions to enhance the users’ experiences. AR applications facilitate cooperative triangulation and enhanced gaming, and it is also widely used in medical and tourism applications.
2. Ease of use: The availability of an Augmented Reality app for Android and iOS systems makes users sure of the best online and offline shopping experiences. Moreover, the apps are customized to deliver the products to customers when required quickly. Creating digital dressing rooms is also efficient for customers to choose their correct sizes when shopping.
3. Social interaction: Augmented Reality technology has ideally made a great effort to bring people together socially. One typical illustration is the Pokemon Go game, which intertwines players, thus improving their social interactions.
4. Learning and practice: With Augmented Reality, it is now relatively easy to learn and practice a few skills. Creating an AR app also simplifies complex matters, i.e., engineering students can easily explore a car’s engine in AR compared to Reality.
5. Improved technology: Augmented Reality technology has influenced the improvement and addition of more features in computerized devices. Almost all smartphones apply AR on the camera app for filters, text converters, and real-time navigation. Therefore, AR has continuously improved technology by enhancing human interactions with devices.
6. Immersive communication: Due to advanced Technological innovations like Augmented Reality, people live in an era where communication is freestyle. Augmented Reality is a significant game-changer since interactions today are not only limited to video calls and conference calls. Immersive communication has made it easy for people to indulge, share their opinions, and experience more.
7. Supports business activities: Augmented Reality enhances business practices through product development when products need tests and designs. Retailers use Augmented Reality technology to showcase or demonstrate how their products work.
8. Assisting doctors in the medical industry: Many new tools have been introduced to increase the accuracy of diagnosis for diseases, i.e., during surgeries. Augmented Reality technology in the medical sector makes it easy for doctors to be constantly aware of patient data during the whole procedure. It helps to save the lives of patients.
9. Navigation and tourism: Augmented Reality offers additional information on the direction and details of a particular map for better navigation. It gives you an overlook of the location you want to tour. Also, the AR app will automatically send you notifications on nearby landmarks and information about sites.
10. Immersive video gaming: Another great advantage of Augmented Reality is its ability to enhance interactive human-to-computer experiences. AR provides additional features to video games making players experience a more realistic game in a real-world environment.
Cons of augmented Reality
1. It is expensive: Regardless of the numerous advantages of Augmented Reality, execution of such technology requires a lot of funds for development, implementation, and maintenance. The costs limit the application to only organizations well equipped with much capital for investment in AR.
2. Assaults confidentiality: One of the prime disadvantages of Augmented Reality is its requirement to generate, analyze and collect essential sets of data from users. AR systems assault confidentiality, for instance, when shooting pictures of someone’s property or recording someone’s chat. These actions assault confidentiality as disclosure of such information is prohibited.
3. Can raise issues about intrusiveness: Still about the topic of assaulting confidentiality, Augmented Reality systems record the environment in real-time. These actions can raise legal concerns, especially after matters concerning privacy and security are haunted. Jurisdictions with strict privacy laws are against random image capturing by AR systems.
4. Accidental situations: Augmented Reality adds digital gen to the real world, which hides real-world signals that may cause accidents. It can be demonstrated using video games like Pokemon Go. The game hides vital signs from users’ eyes, making them prone to fatal accidents during gaming.
5. Addiction: Another major demerit of Augmented Reality is addiction. Addiction can interfere with school work, cause laziness or bring about health issues such as eye problems, obesity, and chronic pain. The availability of more rich and interactive game experiences makes players remain captive to their screens for several hours.
6. Diminishes actual world reality: There are numerous uses of Augmented Reality today, which can diminish true Reality. In today’s world, everybody is getting used to applying augmented solutions to their services and products. AR has made businesses simpler; however, its drawback is that it alters our real-world perceptions.
7. Psychological effects: Most violent games created by Augmented Reality technology have a psychological impact on players. These games make young adults in the present generation relate the games to either wars or crimes as they are made to believe that violent actions are legitimate.
8. Lack of security policies: Augmented Reality is not equipped with the necessary security policies, making the systems more vulnerable to cyber-attacks and threats. Intruders can easily hack AR systems and manipulate the devices to function according to their needs. In addition, AR technology suffers from a lack of privacy; this calls for security concerns because user data is at risk.
9. May call for occasional updates: Since Augmented Reality is a new technology that is still advancing, there is a possibility for periodic updates. Occasional updates may also call for appropriate training now and then, thus increasing costs and time involved.
10. It is an isolating, individual experience: One of the significant downsides of Augmented Reality is that it deteriorates human interactions. Researchers found that Augmented Reality influenced people’s behavior and actions in the physical world. The goal of AR is not even close to bringing people together.