Free education is no doubt one of the most important aspects of a country’s economic prospects. This is because it offers a platform where the citizens of that country can easily engage the government in a meaningful discussion and even help in coming up with policies that will facilitate economic growth.
1. Guaranteed education: Free education is important because it guarantees every student in a country some level of education. This means that each student has an equal opportunity to access this level of education on the same scale.
2. Secured life: Education is the key to a secured life. As such, it is easier for a student to be successful in the future if he is educated as opposed to when he is not educated.
3. Better outlook on life: Education empowers children to think positively and have a more informed outlook about life. Free education guarantees that all children will have the same outlook on life.
4. Increased employment:
Free education means that most students will have the opportunity to access education and therefore increase the prospects of being employed.
5. Creates equality: Free education means that irrespective of where a child comes from, they will be able to access the same quality of education. This plays an important role in creating equality among students in school.
6. Promotes fairness: Free education plays a role in promoting fairness in school and in society. This is because all children will be guaranteed access to the same level of education and hence there will be fairness even in class.
7. Concentration in class: Free education somehow promotes concentration in class. This is because students will not be bothered about where the next school fees will come from. Instead, they will be focusing on their education.
8. No student loans: Students will not be bothered about taking student loans to facilitate their education all the way to the university. This ensures that students remain debt-free.
9. Opens up access to college: Free education plays an important role in opening up access to a college education because all children will be guaranteed of studying until they get to college.
10. Students can pursue their interests: Free education leaves students with the luxury of choice in pursuing their careers of choice.
1. Overcrowded institutions: Free education opens up institutions for everyone to access. This creates the problem of overcrowding since most people will be registered to study the same courses.
2. Create an unequal society in school: Free education brings people from different cultures and backgrounds to the same school where the aspect of social class may play out. This has the risk of causing an unequal society.
3. Causes strain on limited resources:
The overcrowding caused by free education means that students will be forced to use the already limited resources. This ends up causing a strain on the resources which may not be enough.
4. Increases government expenditure: Free education may be free for the students but is charged to the government. This means that the government may be forced to keep borrowing money to finance free education in the country.
5. Downplays the importance of education: Free education means that anyone can access education from every corner of the country. While this is important in the long term, it may downplay the importance of education.
6. Younger generations may not know how to handle money: Free education denies the younger generation the opportunity to interact with money in a responsible manner which may make them green in terms of handling money.
7. It may increase taxation: Free education may cause an increase in taxes by the government to help in financing the government and this may reduce people’s disposable incomes.
8. Low quality of education: Free education may affect the quality of education in the long run because the classes will be overcrowded and the resources limited.
9. Lack of personal attention and touch: Free education means that there will be more teacher to student ratio which will negatively impact the personal touch required between the teacher and the student.
10. It may cause unemployment: Free education may also work against the system in that there will be a high number of graduates leaving school while the industry offers much fewer employment opportunities. This ends up creating unemployment.
This Post Has 7 Comments
Comment: I want to learn more and more hear, if there is a possibility I want to learn community health education extension worker (chew)
Comment:i want to further my education but due to the poverty, i still remain at home
Hi, can someone help me out? Can someone elaborate on #1 please?? Thanks!
Thank’s alot i Have Learn many Things Here
very useful it gives me the help i need I am writing a argumentative essay on free schools or not I wanted to do free school so Thx
Wow It gave me more point on importance of free education