Image source: ipscell.com
Cloning is an emerging technology where an identical person with your own memories and thoughts is created. Just like the identical twins who have a slightly different appearance, a clone can be created which may have a different personality from the original person.
To help you determine whether cloning is worthy of the risks, look at the following pros and cons.
1. Understand genetic research: It helps researchers to know the composition of genes in the human traits and its effects on genetic constituents. This technique is used to combat any genetic disease.
2. Quick recovery from injury: Cloning using one’s cells enables one to quickly recover from traumatic injury. Your own cells will facilitate a faster healing with few complications.
3. Organ replacement: Cloning allows replacement of damaged organs, you don’t have to wait for donation on a failing organ thus saving a life. It also reduces the chance of rejection since your body will recognize the new organ as its own.
4. Eliminate infertility: Cloning is used to create children who are genetically related to couples with no eggs or sperms. It also allows the same-sex couple to have children without sperm or egg donor. They only need a surrogate to carry the clone.
5. Eliminates defective genes: Genetic illness can create mutated or defective genes and cloning can correct this by producing healthy human cells.
6. A logical step in Reproductive: This technology allows individuals to produce a clone of themselves. It gives you an opportunity to replace a loved one in case of death.
7. Obtain desired traits: Cloning allows you to easily customize an organism to meet your specific needs. You can choose the traits you need for your genetically created child.
8. Brings innovation in the world: Cloning is one of the innovative methods in the world which not only clone humans but can also clone plants and animal species offering a lot of benefits.
9. Help prevent extinct animals: Using the genetic material of dead animal species helps in expanding the diversity of the genes.
10. Increase plant resistance: Cloning plants aid in altering the genes thus making them resistant to diseases.
1. Against God creation: God is the creator of human life and creating human life through cloning is against God’s wishes. The genetically created person doesn’t have feelings or empathy.
2. Create a shadow of genetic donor: Cloning requires the genetically created person to live up to the expectations of the original person they’re created from. This leads to the lack of individuality and uniqueness to the created person.
3. Security threat: You skin cells can be used to clone you without your knowledge and it will be difficult to defend your rights as the true human being.
4. Exploitation: Cloning of body organs not only extend human life but also can lead to a lot of malpractice where undesired traits may be reproduced for vested interests.
5. Fast aging: Older cells are used to create a human clone. The cloned person adopts the original person’s age resulting in faster aging.
6. Lack of diversity in humankind: Creating identical organ through genes limits human ability to adapt thus leading to a lack of diversity. It will also lead to a lot of identical individuals in the world.
7. Interferes with nature: Cloning creates an artificial person and it interferes with the natural process of procreation.
8. Reduces a sense of individuality: Cloning an individual can lead to the loss of individuality since it creates a duplicate of another person.
9. Reduce the value of human life: Cloning humans will make human beings become a commodity rather than an individual.
10. Division among people: Clones may be treated as lesser humans leading to social unrest and division. The cloned human may feel treated differently and this can cause a lot of harm.