A two-story hose is a house that has two floors, the ground floor, and first floor. However, when it is constructed with staircases inside the house then it is called a duplex house, though it is difficult to find a two-story house with staircases outside the building for one family. Usually when there is exterior stairs and additional interior stairs then it is for two families.
There are many pros and cons of a two-story house:
1. Elevated view – you have an added advantage of the view from up above thus making it even nicer if you leave in a place of many sceneries. In addition to that, in order to enhance your view, you can have a balcony.
2. Aesthetic staircase – there are many stylistic and unquestionable benefit of staircases, it is an amazing appearance and overall visual appearance that foyer in a two-story house by giving an outstanding looking home.
3. Separate bedrooms from the living room – there is a clear separation of the level of bedroom and living room. One is able to set aside the custom floor plan for each level. This comes in handy and benefits the family living with children.
4. Privacy and noise – a two-story house offers a way to separate family members’ rooms, as they go about their daily activities. This will help reduce the sneaky peaky kids and even noise pollution is reduced.
5. Accessibility – the presence of upstairs and the staircases makes it difficult to reach especially during burglary and theft this increases the protection as well as making the windows and doors safer. However, in case of any emergencies like a fire, it might be a little bit tricky.
6. Easy to design – they are easy to design, which may or may not affect your desired floor plan you needed as compared to single story house which requires large footprint and is not limited to things like stairs. It has a friendly layout.
7. Much space – for the family with active and entertaining kids it is advantageous because there is a backyard too and there is much more square footage than just one level.
1. Stairs might be a challenge – stairs can be aesthetically pleasing, amazing and can even make the house look bigger but walking up and down the stairs especially to the elderly could be difficult. It can be a challenge for children and senior citizens too.
2. More noise – noise in a two-story house is not a guarantee that the people from the ground floor won’t hear you. However, there are some houses that their constructions are much more noise friendly.
3. Cleaning is much harder – the fact that it has a separate living room from the bedroom, it means it also has more square footage that needs cleaning.
4. Heating and cooling are costly – a two-story house requires HVAC system in each room thus more expensive.
5. Evacuation – every house always do have an evacuation plan, however, for two story house, it might be a little bit difficult to evacuate in case of an emergency.
6. Laundry – delivering laundry up and down can be tiring at times.