Vinyl siding is a type of plastic used in most homes and houses to decorate their exterior parts of their homes. It is a very good plastic that is waterproof and also used for anesthetics. It is mostly preferred for its style, durability, and decorations. It is a substitute for other materials used for the same job such as the shakes, wood clapboard, and wood boards among others.
1. Maintenance-free/ low maintenance: By maintenance-free, it means that the vinyl siding does not require to be repainted, however, if users want to paint for fun it’s allowed too. By low maintenance, it means that the exterior material can be washed like one per year to make it look as new.
2.Lightweight: The Vinyl siding is manufactured light which makes it efficient to hang in houses. This is a feature that most buyers look at as the lighter the siding the easier it is to install as well as to transport to the various homes and stalls.
3.Affordable: Compared to the other external decorating materials Vinyl siding can be purchased at a very affordable price making it available for many users.
4.Durable: The plastic of vinyl siding is incorporated with a chemical mixture that has the feature of blocking the UV light rays from penetrating. With very good maintenance the vinyl siding can last for very many years and if proper maintenance id did it can even be indestructible. Many buyers prefer purchasing it for this long-lasting feature.
5.Duo use: Most homemakers prefer buying materials they can use for different other things and works. For vinyl siding in this case the PVC material that makes it, can be remade into other forms when subjected to heat. This means it is recycled and it’s a better substitute for other home exterior materials such as the wood clapboard and the fiber-cement siding.
6. Conserves energy: Most insulated vinyl is very helpful for energy conservation and for that many homemakers opt for this exterior material. The vinyl that conserves heat however maybe a little bit expensive.
7.Available in many colors: Most of the newly available vinyl siding, are not fading easily and when buying them also they come in a variety of colors. The preference of the buyer in terms of color matters. The colors of the vinyl are inside the material so in case of scratch, the paint will remain intact and won’t show the scratch.
8.Increased property value: Many homes furnished with this vinyl siding have made most of the house to increase in sales as most buyers are loving the qualities colors and durability of the external material. For many people who leave their homes for a long time and they come back to them again this becomes the best exterior material for their homes.
Health sensitive: Despite being plastic, there have been no reports of the material producing dangerous gases to the atmosphere. This also has been the same during production as there has been no evidence or complaints of environmental degradation as well as even at their disposal.
10.Historic preservation: The vinyl siding has been best used for preserving some buildings. These exterior materials appear good in preserving deteriorating homes or buildings.
1.Easily faint in sunlight: The fading of the vinyl siding depends on the quality that was installed but all the same all of them start fading at around five years later. This will mean that one needs to paint which is not a regular activity when it comes to these external decors. This will also mean that one needs to budget for the painting or installing a new set of vinyl siding.
2.Expensive to replace if damaged: Most of the damaged parts are the panels and one never gets the exact match of the previous sidings that were installed. This also means that one has to but new panels and get personnel to install them which is a little bit costly.
3.Poor insulation: Under extreme conditions of cold weather, the house installed with vinyl siding gets cold and when it’s too hot the house gets heated up. The homeowners then have to incur the costs of regulating the insulation of their homes.
4. Panels easily damaged under extreme conditions: Extreme conditions of heat may melt the siding which makes it dangerous to the environment and to the soil as well as damaging the décor of the home.
5.Damage if poorly installed: If not properly installed, a lot of moisture may be trapped inside the vinyl siding and may result in rotting, molds may be promoted and insect infections may increase.
6. Replacement alters with the décor: It is difficult to find the exact type and same color of the vinyl siding therefore replacing a section of the exterior damages with how the first installation was made.
7. Decreases historic authenticity of homes: When vinyl siding has been used to cover up an old home, it interferes with the original make of the home as well as the ornamental details are messed up with. This is bad especially if the home is a historic site and the previous originality is needed.
8. Hanging affects durability: Installing the vinyl requires a professional or the owner who is careful in installing to avoid loose hanging which may let the wind in that blows and damages the panels. This leads to the breakage of the audience altering with its durability as it needs to be replaced.
9. Lifecycle: The process of manufacturing the vinyl siding emits toxic as well as it also has little waste. It requires a lot of time and transport to deliver the sidings to stores and homes under construction. The fact that it is plastic itself makes it dangerous as it is environmentally hazardous as well as it also contaminates the soil and the air if burned.
10. Health Hazard: The vinyl is initially made from a plastic that is PVC that has dangerous chemicals. These chemicals include; stabilizers, chlorine, and the dioxin which is emitted especially when the siding is burnt.
In conclusion, the vinyl siding is both beneficial business homemakers as well as people who are making their homes. The disadvantages as well show that as much as it is good one needs to be aware of the setbacks brought about when one installs the vinyl siding exterior materials.