Image source: draxe.com
Our bodies require proteins, vitamins, and carbohydrates to function. The carbohydrates taken by us are broken down into energy and the excess stored in form of fats around our body organs. However high consumption of carbohydrates leads to high blood sugar build-up. So what are KETO sweeteners? Keto sweeteners are low-carbohydrate sweeteners that have been introduced to curb the limitations of natural sugars. Ketogenic sweeteners ensure the body is at a state of ketosis. Under this state, our bodies tend to burn fats instead of carbohydrates. Natural sugars like those from honey have lots of carbohydrates and sugars hence adverse effects to human health when ingested excessively. Keto sweeteners enable us to have our beloved sweetness without fear of high-calorie build up. It`s worth noting that keto sweeteners deliver almost equivalent sweetness to those of natural sweeteners but have for keto sweeteners adverse health risks are minimized. Use of KETO sweeteners is still debatable but with the right use, humans will be able to eliminate dietary diseases like obesity, inflammation, and cancer which are among the world`s greatest killers. Research has also shown that ketogenic foods are great for our mental health. Advantages of keto sweeteners include:
1. Promotes weight loss: Having these sweeteners in your diet forces your body to be in a state of ketosis. Under this state, body fats are burnt biologically to produce energy. This reduces your overall amounts of fats when compared to a person taking in natural sweeteners that have high sugars.
2. Reduced risks of heart attacks: Due to reduced intake of sugars and carbohydrates there is usually an increase or balance with the HDL which is a factor in heart attacks. Minimizing carbohydrate intake also reduces the amounts of blood triglycerides which puts a person into risks of a heart attack when in large concentration.
3. Defeats excess appetite: Unlike natural sweeteners, keto sweeteners reduce the desires to eat more. This reduces the carbohydrate and sugar intake into one`s body.
4. Lowers risks of hypertension: These sweeteners are low in sugars. With low carbohydrate and natural sugar intake, there is usually a steady balance of blood pressure. This reduces the dangers of getting to hire blood pressure.
5. Lead to better sugar control: These sweeteners are sugar-free hence they eliminate diabetic disorders that may arise. The general blood sugar is usually controlled favorably.
6. Good for the epileptic: Origin of keto sweeteners in diet traces back to a description made to epileptic patients who must be shielded from high natural sugar intake.
7. Delivers equal sweetness to that of natural sweeteners: Keto sweeteners deliver the same levels of sweetness but with low sugars hence are good for our health.
8. Good for mental health: Natural sweeteners contain huge amounts of sugars which when taken in excess can cause inflammation. On the other hand, keto sweeteners are made up of less sugar which is considered a tick to brain development and to our neurological body systems.
9. Have a low glycemic index: Glycemic index entails the amount of blood sugar raised due to intake of a given quantified amount of a given diet. Keto sweeteners, therefore, bring up low sugar rise when taken and compared with equal amounts of natural sugars.
10. These Sweeteners are not affected by extreme external conditions: Unlike natural sweeteners which turn bitter when heated or exposed to high temperatures or break down into simple sugars; keto sweeteners are resistant to such behavior.
Demerits of keto sweeteners include:
1. It`s difficult to completely do away with natural sweeteners: Natural sweeteners are still readily available in the market. In fact, many prefer natural sweetness to Keto sweeteners. Much requires to be done to educate people on them.
2. May reduce sugars required to build your muscle mass: Since these sweeteners discourage sugars your muscles may lack or have a deficiency of crucial sugars needed for their development.
3. Promotes a Low fiber diet: Most of these sweeteners are usually artificial and lack fibers in them. Taking natural sweeteners from fruits may include fiber into your diet.
4. Low nutrients: keto sweetener may also lack key nutritional elements that may be found in natural sweeteners.
5. Maybe packaged with chemicals and preservatives: One requires an understanding of the constituent ingredients of any keto sweetener before heavily relying on it. In most cases, these sweeteners are usually packaged with industrial flavors.
6. The body requires small amounts of sugars: Relying heavily on these sweeteners may deny or deprive the body of some of its crucially needed sugars like glucose.
7. Requires adaptation: One requires some time to shift and for the body to adapt to sudden cuts of natural sugars. Reduction of natural sugars should be gradual as possible to avoid imbalances in our body systems.
8. Effects of keto sweeteners are not clear: There is less knowledge provided on the results or consequences of these artificially supplemented sweeteners.
9. May have hidden side effects to some people: Some people may exhibit rejection of these keto sweeteners by their body systems.
10. Not directly accessible like other sweeteners: Natural sweeteners are usually the most common and less expensive sweeteners.