Breast reduction is the procedure of taking out excess tissues and fat from the breasts to reduce their size. Women with large breasts are likely to have enormous pressure and weight on their chests. Therefore, there is a need to undergo breast reduction surgery. Before endorsing the choice to undergo surgery, women should know several advantages and disadvantages of breast reduction.
Pros of breast reduction
1. Relieve of back pain: The breast reduction procedure has the effect of alleviating back pain. Large breasts are associated with enormous weight on the chest. The weight results to back pain and other back disorders. Therefore, the woman can undergo breast reduction surgery to heal or alleviate this discomfort.
2. Reduction of body weight: Women with large breasts may have more weight than their fellow with small-sized breasts. Undergoing breast surgery reduces the size of the breasts and the full body size.
3. Better sleeping positions: breast reduction increases sleeping comfortability. Women with large breasts usually have problems with sleeping positions. They are only limited to back and side sleeping positions. Stomach position is usually uncomfortable to them due to the size of the breasts. For this reason, reducing the size of the breast guarantees one all sleeping positions.
4. Well-balanced bodies: Women with big-sized breasts tend to have non-balanced bodies. The large breast does not align with the body’s shape. Reducing the size of the breasts helps in making the body proportional.
5. Improves self-esteem: large breasts lower the esteem of the victim. Women with large boobs suffer from body shame due to the size of their breasts. Undergoing breast reduction surgery helps reduce the sizes of breasts to a manageable size, thus improving self-esteem oneself.
6. Reduction of nerve pain: women with large breasts usually suffer from nerve pain now and then. Breast reduction surgery is vital to alleviate the nerve pain around them. The surgery removes excess tissues and fat in the breast, which reduces the amount of nerve pain experienced in the breast.
7. Solving the trouble of finding bras: People with large bras experience a tough time in choosing bras that fit their breast size. Most bras are medium or small-sized; therefore, people with large breasts struggle to find bras. Reducing breast size helps to solve this problem.
8. Better clothing outfit: in most cases, it is rare to find clothes that fully accommodate the size and shape of the larges breasts. Women with large breasts have to look for large enough clothes for their chest frame. By reducing breasts, the body is well balanced, and you can easily get clothes that fit you.
9. Improves exercises and workouts: Breast reduction impacts reducing the weight of the body. Breast and chest size among women is a great determinant of whether the exercise will be enjoyable or not. When the breast size reduces, more exercises moves are favored.
10. Better Hygiene: small breasts are more hygienic than large ones. Women with small-sized breasts can easily get bras that fit them, and therefore they may have many bras. Therefore, reducing the size of the breast promotes the woman’s hygiene.
11. Short recovery time: Breast reduction surgery is usually a safe and quick recovery procedure, unlike other surgeries.
12. Reduction of rashes beneath breasts: Large breast may be pleasing to see, but their owner (the woman in question) undergo many challenges and problems to maintain them. Chronic irritation and skin rashes are some of the common problems they experience. The woman can undergo breast reduction surgery to remove the excess tissues that cause irritation and rashes to alleviate this defect.
Cons of breast reduction
1. It is painful: just like other surgeries, breast reduction surgery is painful. A lot of pain is experienced to remove the components. The process involves minimizing the size of the breast by removing excess tissues and fats.
2. Scars: Scars that result from surgery are lifetime marks that will indicate the surgery path. It lowers the self-esteem of many women, as they cannot breastfeed in public. The scars may also alter the original beauty of the breast.
3. Reduction of breast sensitivity: The breasts’ nerves are altered during the surgery. It may lead to a reduction of sensitivity of the breast. This problem may also result in a reduced milk supply.
4. Breast-related diseases: if not properly conducted, the breast reduction procedure may result in other breast-related diseases. Tools and chemicals used to remove tissues from the breast may be unfavorable, thus introducing bacteria to the breasts. Breast cancer is a common threat to people who undergo the breast reduction process.
5. Expensive surgery: The breast-related surgeons are few, and this explains why the procedure is expensive to undergo. Due to the high cost involved, many people cannot reduce the size of their breasts.
6. The surgery is not under insurance: Many insurance companies cover other body parts leaving out breasts. It leaves women with this problem with no other option but to raise hospital bills from other sources.
7. Problem with breastfeeding: Many women find it difficult to breastfeed after reduction surgery. After the surgery, the breast is still experiencing some pain; therefore, breastfeeding would trigger the breast pain.
8. Size of the breast: Another major problem with the breast reduction process is it is difficult to predict or say the size of your breasts after surgery.
9. Use of drains: After surgery, many women experience swelling of the reduced breasts. Drains are inserted into the breasts to remove excess fluid, blood, and fluids to solve this defect. These drains can last for 1-2 weeks.
10. Surgical complications: The victim is exposed to many health risks during the surgery. She can easily get a disease, or blood clotting may occur in the breast veins.
11. Nipples sensation: the sensation of the nipple is decreased. However, the condition improves with time.
12. The procedure may fail to work: the procedure may fail when performed by a less qualified surgeon.