Image source: madison.com
Cannabidiol is a naturally occurring cannabinoid constituent of cannabis. It is used by different industries in very many different ways. However, there are a few pros and cons of using cbd oil.
1. It may helps fight pain: This is one of the most common reasons why people opt to use CBD oil in the first place. It may help induce pain linked to arthritis, migraines and even cancer.
2. It may relieve inflammation: When you have arthritis and scleroderma, your joints and other body parts tend to inflame. This can become the reason why you’d have chronic pain, tissue damage, and stiff joints but thanks to CBD oil, all of these can be minimized.
3. It helps lower anxiety: No, this isn’t just hearsay. A study conducted in 2011 tested patients who had social anxiety to drive the point home. They took CBD an hour before an event and commented how they felt more relaxed and comfortable while delivering a speech in front of a huge crowd.
Won’t Get You High: As mentioned, cannabidiol does not produce the psychoactive effects that are generally expected from using cannabis.
5. Proven Treatment for Anxiety: While THC can cause anxiety, CBD has been clinically shown to prevent and treat it. A 2015 article in the medical journal Neurotherapeutics states that cannabidiol can be used to treat multiple anxiety disorders, including generalized anxiety disorder (GAD), social anxiety disorder (SAD), and panic disorders.
6. Treats Inflammation Disorders: There are many diseases and disorders caused by internal inflammation, and research suggests that organic CBD oil can help with all of them. That’s because CBD is an anti-inflammatory medication, which works by affecting the body’s nature endocannabinoid system.
7. Treats Autoimmune Disorders: Since inflammation is at the root of most autoimmune disorders, it makes sense that CBD would be useful in their treatment, and scientific studies back this up. Researchers have found that cannabidiol is useful for treating autoimmune disorders including rheumatoid arthritis, multiple sclerosis, inflammatory bowel disease, lupus, Hashimoto’s thyroiditis, psoriasis, and psoriatic arthritis.
8. Treats Pain: Emerging research suggests that cannabidiol is an excellent medication for pain without the side effects associated with conventional pain treatments such as opioids and NSAIDs.
9. Easy to Use: You don’t have to choke down pills, eat medicated candies, or go to the doctor’s office to use organic CBD oil. Some patients simply consume the oil at whatever dosage is recommended to them.
10. Avoid Pesticides: One of the dangers of cannabis can be the pesticides, herbicides, and other chemicals used in its growth and harvesting. While there is limited research on the effects of these chemicals, the safest route is to choose organic CBD oil.
1. It can interfere with other drugs: If you’re taking medications daily, beware. It has been reported that when you use CBD oil with other drugs, you’ll lose enzymes which can hamper and even alter the drugs’ effects.
2. It still has insubstantial research: There are already researches about how effective CBD oil is but all of these were mostly conducted in animals. What works for lab rats might not work for humans and you should be aware of that.
3. It has side effects: There are still no reports about how CBD oil drastically damaged someone else’s health but if you’re eyeing to use it anytime soon, expect that you’ll experience dry mouth, low blood pressure, and lightheadedness among other.
4. Contains No THC: While this was listed above as a “pro,” for some people the lack of psychoactive THC is a disadvantage of CBD. That’s because THC itself has its own medical benefits which CBD lacks. CBD does not increase your appetite, so it is not useful for patients who need to put on weight. CBD is also not used to treat seizures, unlike THC, and may even interact with some anti-seizure medications.
5. Or May Cause Drowsiness: If you’re suffering from insomnia, organic CBD oil can be helpful, but if you’re trying to stay awake, CBD may make it harder. That’s because cannabidiol can cause drowsiness when used at high doses.
6. Works Differently for Each Person: Cannabidiol is an emerging medicine that works by interacting with your body’s unique chemical makeup, including your own endocannabinoid system. Because of that, different people will need different amounts of cannabidiol to get their desired results. Seriously affects your short-term memory
7. Impairs cognitive ability: Like all other drugs, CBD may also humper an individual’s cognitive ability thereby making it difficult or impossible to make rational decisions.
8. Damages lung tissue: Depending on how it is ingested, cbd oil also has a great side-effect on the lung tissue which may also result in lung cancer in the long run.
9. Carries a risk of addiction and abuse: One may easily get addicted to CBD oil which means they may become dependent on the drug hence risking abuse.