Ladies have been using gels and acrylics for a long period. These gels have a strong smell and need UV light to dry them as well as brushes to apply the gel. However, this is changing with the profound introduction of dip liquids and powders. You can achieve great nails with just a dip into the liquid.
Dip nails are an emerging trend when it comes to cosmetics and manicure. Dip nails come with various advantages such as:
1. Dips are long-lasting: Unlike gels that wear out so easily, a dip is different and can last for two weeks or even months since the day of application. This helps one enjoy the beauty of the manicure for a longer time.
2. Little application and time required: They say “time is money” and one must utilize it to the fullest. Sometimes with just a single dip, one can be good to go. This reduces time and wastage hence cost-effective.
3. Stronger nails: Most people grow their nails long but unavoidable circumstances of their nails breaking are usually astonishing. Gels and acrylics can cause fragility in the nail. Dip nails are however stronger and do not encounter rapid breaks.
4. Least toxic compared to gels: Most gels contain toxic and carcinogenic compounds that can cause harm when used excessively. Dip powders and components reduce these compounds.
5. Odorless polishes during application: Dip powders do not produce any smell during application compared to other gels. This smell is usually very irritating and can cause continuous sneezing to the allergic thus making dip nails a better option
6. More comfortable: Due to the thin outlines left on nails, one feels more at ease than for gels and acrylic which leave the nails feeling too bulky. Finer nails are usually more appealing and smarter.
7. Healthy nails: Most dip powders are enriched with crucial vitamins that enhance health nail development as opposed to the old gels.
8. No UV light or cold water required to cure them: UV light is a causative agent of cancer due to mutation. With dip nails, you don’t have to worry about the cold water used or the UV lights.
9. Least precision required: Gels and acrylics require high accuracy during application to bring out a neat and presentable look on nails. In dip nails its different since its accuracy depends on one or two dips.
10. Colorful and dazzling nails: Dip powders are super cool and offer a wide variety of colors to choose from. They also produce finer outlines on nails.
1. Easy to spill during dips: If the dip is made inside a container one must be extra careful to avoid knocking it down. This is most common if one is in a rush to apply the dip powder.
2. Unsanitary when shared: Dipping in the same container for example for saloons may be very unhygienic. This can promote the spread of nail infections and dirt from one person to another hence it can be a health risk to many.
3. Costly: The set-up kit for dip nails is relatively expensive when compared to gels and acrylics. It might cost someone almost 100 dollars to purchase the full kit.
4. Numerous procedures: To realize the fine output and décor, several procedures must be followed. If procedures are not followed, the results can sometimes be nasty.
5. Uneasy removal of dip powder coatings: Removing the coatings on nails is even harder and precision and steps must also be taken to remove old coatings to ensure that one`s nails are not damaged.
6. Some bonding agents are similar to those of gels and acrylics: Truth must be told that the agents used to make these powders include resins used to make gels and acrylics. This is thus not a total escape from the effects of components from them.
7. Dip powders can dehydrate the seal of nails: The powder can largely dehydrate the seal of the nail which can be too uncomfortable.
8. Can have unknown side effects: Since most people are used to gels and acrylics many may experience adverse effects of initial use. Some people can even exhibit hypersensitive reactions to the chemical compounds that make dip powders and liquids.
9. Less common in some parts of the world: Most experts have knowledge in the application of gels and acrylics. The procedures of dips may be difficult to properly implement.
10. Betraying and varying appeals after application: The color of the container is usually very tempting and is used to market the product. However, the color indicated on the containers of dips may not be exactly the same as the one that results after application of the dip.