Image source: drivespark.com
The new facelift of the Maruti Suzuki S-Cross was launched in the Indian market and makes the car easily pass off as a premium hatchback and it is bigger in size. The interior of the car have an upgraded dashboard with a satin chrome finish and soft-touch material. The piano black finish at the center makes it look like a premium car.
S-cross car delivers power, driving comfort, a comfortable seating area, and spacious boot space. Look at the pros and cons of S-Cross before making your buying decisions.
1. Build quality: S-Cross car has a solid build quality which makes the car feel like a proper premium crossover and has great features like LED headlamps, cruise control, leather upholstery, and other new features. LED headlamps can improve vision at night.
2. Ride quality: Makes you feel comfortable and it keeps the Maruti Suzuki S-Cross cabin composed when driving on rough roads. The suspension setup ensures you’re not tossed around a lot when driving.
3. Spacious: It has enough headroom, legroom, and huge luggage space. The split rear seat liberty enables you to carry more luggage and has 3 to 4 people on the rear bench.
4. Powerful: S-Cross car delivers high power torque and good ground clearance that gives value for your money. The rear parking sensors, speed alert, and seatbelt reminder add to its cutting edge.
5. Economical: S-Cross is a good and affordable vehicle with decent features. This vehicle gives you value for your money. The vehicle has a low maintenance cost.
6. Big tires: The vehicle’s big tires have better rims which give the vehicle a crossover feel.
7. Disc brakes: All wheels are fitted with disc brakes which makes the vehicle come to a halt confidently. Cruise control makes it easier to drive on long highways.
8. Fuel efficient: The addition of SHVS to the engine setup will lead to improved fuel consumption. There is also improved drivability at low speeds.
9. Less noise: It has the best road noise insulation making the engine produce less noise while driving.
10. Smartplay infotainment system: Maruti Suzuki S-Cross car is fitted with Apple CarPlay and Android Auto making it possible to sync with a mobile device and get entertained on the go.
1. Subtle design: The front part of the car has a more aggressive look and its overall design around the vehicle has subtle look.
2. Heavy for U-turns: At slow speed, you may experience an S-Cross steering weight that makes the vehicle feel too heavy when making U-turns or when entering a perpendicular line.
3. Slippery steering wheel: The leather-wrapped steering wheel makes it feel slippery on the hands.
4. Engine capacity: The 1.6-liter engine brand has been discontinued and the latest models only have a 1.3-liter engine which provides less power for the crossover vehicle.
5. Underpowered engine: The car has an underpowered engine and it lacks punch for safe driving on the highways compared to other cars of this class. The 1.3-Litre doesn’t offer enough power for high speeds.
6. No rear-AC vents: Having black interiors and no rear-AC vents make the engine take a lot of time to cool down the rear half of the cabin.
7. No automatic transmission: The S-Cross car lacks automatic transmission, a petrol engine, and no AWD.
8. Airbags: The car has few airbags and other safety features compared to other rivals in the same segment or class.
9. Diesel variant: The vehicle only uses the diesel variant although there are reports petrol variant brands are coming up soon.